A Toast to Our Communities Award Recipients Announced
November 10, 2016 at 2:16 PM
The Board of Directors at the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce will recognize the best in business in seven categories at “A Toast to Our Communities” awards breakfast on November 17, 2016. Recipients include:
- Ambassador of the Year – Bethany Welsh, Hills Bank and Trust Company
- Honored Farm Family Award – Meade family
- Non-Profit of the Year – Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Spark Leadership Award – Eric Weiler, Kirkwood Community College
- Impact & Innovation Award – Brown Deer Place
- Eliot Keller Small Business of the Year – Discerning Eye
- Volunteer of the Year – Robert Steger, HyVee
“This year’s award winners are businesses and individuals who are leaders and innovators within the community,” said Kim Casko, President & CEO, Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce. “We celebrate their contributions to the Iowa City area and look forward to their continued success.”
The Chamber will also announce its 2017 Board Secretary and 2019 Board Chair.
A Toast to Our Communities will be held on Thursday, November 17 at 7:30 a.m. at Brown Deer Golf Club, 1900 Country Club Drive, Coralville. The community is invited to attend to celebrate and show support for the recipients. Online registration is available here. The cost for Chamber members is $15, and non-members pay $25.
The event is sponsored by MidWestOne Bank.