How to Get Involved
Want to get the most out of your Chamber membership? We want that too, and to see more of your faces in person.
Community Leadership Program
Fostering informed, well-equipped and invested leaders - this appointed professional development group meets once a month during the academic year for all day sessions to gain insight into the issues, opportunities, strengths and challenges within the Iowa City area.
Applications for the 2019-2020 class will be available in Spring 2019.
Email Allison Yoder or call (319) 337-9637 to learn more.
Cheerleaders in business attire. That’s what serving as an Ambassador allows you to be, all while sharing your enthusiasm for the Chamber, supporting small businesses and increasing your business contacts throughout the community. Ambassadors, each from a different member organization, celebrate member ribbon cuttings and ground breaking ceremonies, honor long-standing members in the community, recruit new Chamber members and volunteer at events. Let’s Go Ambassadors!
Email Allison Yoder or call (319) 337-9637 to learn more. Applications are accepted biannually.
Having an educated workforce translates into a strong business environment, community and economy. The Education Task Forces ensures the continued excellence of the community's public and private education by:
- Reflecting on education through the lens of workforce needs
- Connecting business and educators to build relationships and understanding
- Advocating for public policy initiatives that lead to more effective educational opportunities
- The Chamber also annually hosts:
- Excellence in Education Awards to recognize the extraordinary achievements by students, volunteers and educators, and to celebrate the strong partnerships local businesses build with schools.
- New Teacher Luncheon where the business community welcomes new teachers to our area.
Call us at (319) 337-9637 to learn more.
The 2018 Education Sponsors are ACT and University of Iowa - Office of the President and Office of Outreach and Engagement
Roundtable Lunches: Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty
Attend any of these networking lunches regardless of your business’s location:
Coralville: Meets weekly on Mondays
Iowa City: Meets the first and third Tuesday of the month
North Liberty: Meets the third Wednesday of each month
Check out our calendar of events for details on location and time. Each event is an opportunity to visit a Chamber Member restaurant. No RSVPs necessary!
Referral Exchange connects non-competing Chamber member businesses for the sole purpose of sharing leads, referrals, tips, information and advice that directly support their ability to drive business.
Currently two Referral Exchange groups operate:
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Email Sara Pinkham or call (319) 337-9637 for more information and to receive an application. Due to the limited size of these groups, it is possible you may be placed on a waiting list if your industry is already represented by another member.